Woman torches lover’s house in Likuyani

Sango Sub location assistant chief Frida Lusweti Sirengo when she confirmed the incident
Sango Sub location assistant chief Frida Lusweti Sirengo when she confirmed the incident

Police officers at Matunda station in Likuyani Sub County are holding in custody a woman suspected of torching a house belonging to her boyfriend at Kipsangui village in Sango location. Area sub location assistant chief, Mrs. Fridah Lusweti Shirengo confirmed the incident which occurred on Monday.

Mrs. Shirengo told West Media the suspect, identified as Eznah Buluma, torched the house after a night long of altercation with her lover, Mr. David Mayunga Kimungui. The two lovebirds are said to be staying separately.

“The report we have indicates the lady stormed into Mayunga’s house at about 8 pm before she picked a quarrel with the man,” said Mrs. Shirengo.

She disclosed the local village elder managed to separate the duo and before she walked the suspect to her house, which is less than a kilometre.

However, it was alleged the lady returned to the man’s compound at midnight where she set ablaze the man’s house, destroying property valued at Sh.110,000.

According to the assistant chief, the man and his two children aged 11 and 6 years, who were sleeping at the time of the incident, managed to escape without injuries.

Combined efforts of nyumba kumi members in the village managed to track and arrest the woman who was first handed over to administration police officers at Likuyani post.

“We are yet to establish the exact cause of the problem between the two,” noted Mrs Shirengo.

The local administrator described Ezna as a famous lady who had become a nuisance to the locals. “She was once legally married to Mr. Juma Simatwa, who however deserted
her due to her nagging behaviour,” the administrator revealed, adding the woman had been married to different men at least three times since then.

The suspect and Mayunga are said to have sired one kid. Sub County Criminal Investigations Officer (SCCIO), Mr Bakari Ndzovu, revealed security agencies had launched investigations into the incident.