Written by Joseph Manyasa
Read 721 Times
Four people died Tuesday evening near Khaunga market, Shianda location East Wanga Division in Mumias District after their house caught fire.
Mumias Police boss George Sedah confirming this said the bereaved family was involved in petrol business that they used to sell from their house.
He attributed the fire to the petrol as it happened while the family was preparing supper.
The police boss said the deceased were identified as 29 years old Laurence Akungui Kuluvi (father) and his three children; Electine Akungui 4years, Newton Akungui 2years and Melvine Akungui 6 months.
However, Mrs. Petronila Akungui the mother and the wife of the dead had gone to the market to buy some items when the fire broke out hence she is the only one who survived.
Bodies of the dead were taken to St. Mary’s Hospital mortuary.
Mr. Sedah advised the public to conduct such risky businesses in separate places, with safety measures taken into account where it cannot cost peoples’ lives and people should also mind about their safety instead of prejudicing their lives.
Switch to Our Mobile Site