Two people died while one sustained serious injuries after they were electrocuted in two separate incidents in Likuyani and Soy sub counties.
In the first incident a 50 years old man died after being electrocuted at Chemoset village Soy Sub County at the border of Kakamega and Uasin Gishu county.
According to the neighbors Jacob Ogola met his death after touching a cloth line without knowing it had been connected to power lines.
The victim was rescued and rushed to Likuyani sub county hospital where he died hours later while undergoing treatment.
His body was taken to Kimbilio mortuary in Uasin Gishu county as police launched investigation into the incident.
Area residents have blamed poor installation of power in the compound for the death.
In a separate incident few meters from Chemoset, a woman from neighbouring Lumino village in Likuyani sub-county died as her husband was hospitalized in critical condition after they were also electrocuted on Sunday evening.
You can also read; A 14 year old boy electrocuted while pruning tree
Minor electrocuted pruning trees for Ksh. 50
8 years old boy die after being electrocuted.
The deceased Violet Shambetsa, 28 years was hanging clothes on a line that had been connected to a ventilation at their bathroom and a tree when she suffered an electric shock and died on the spot.
According to the OCPD it’s suspected that the clothe line came in conduct with electric line connected to the bathroom causing the death.
He said on seeing his wife glued on the clothes line the husband, Mr. Manos Shambetsa, rushed to save her and tried to cut the line using a knife but he was also struck by electric waves and seriously injured.
“The deceased, Violet, commonly known as Mama Marion was electrocuted while hanging clothes and when the husband rushed to save her, he used a knife to try cut the electric line instead of putting off the mains switch,” said Kiptum adding that the couple were servants at the home of Paul Masingila
The husband was later rescued and rushed to Likuyani sub county hospital before being transferred to Moi Teaching and Refferal Hospital in Eldoret while the woman’s body was removed to Kitale mortuary.
Kiptum has urged residents to be on alert and call an electrician when there is an electric fault.