A family from Stand Kisa village in Marakusi sub location, Lugari Sub County has been forced to spend the night in cold after its house burnt down in a bizarre incident with property valued at thousands of shillings being reduced into ashes.
According to Mrs. Miriam Namasaka she had gone to work in the neighbourhood when she was called and informed that her house was on fire.
She said the cause of the fire which exploded from the middle of her bedroom and spread tremendously was a mystery saying she never lit fire in the house.
Efforts by neighbours and good samaritans to try and salvage the property from the house were futile as they were overwhelmed by the fierce inferno leaving it to be reduced into ashes.
According to Mr. Thomas Namasaka who had gone to Makutano when the catastrophe occurred, this was the second incident saying about eleven years ago his house burnt in a similar way and he has never known the cause of the fire.
The family is now appealing to local leaders and well-wishers to come to its aid and help construct another house as well as get other basic needs.