Over 10 people from Mahanga B village in Mahanga sub location, Lugari Sub County were rushed to the Chekalini Health Centre after they allegedly consumed poisonous beef.
Confirming the incident Mahanga sub location assistant chief, Mr.John Kanyanya said the victims developed stomach and related upsets after eating the beef.
“Report indicates that the victims consumed meat they bought from a resident in the neighbouring Koromait sub location who is alleged to have slaughtered his sick animal and sold the meat to the residents without being inspected by veterinary officers,” revealed the local administrator.
Few hours later, villagers who had enjoyed meat bites from the animal began complaining of stomach pains accompanied by diarrhea and vomiting.
Ten people whose conditions were worse both young and elderly were rescued and rushed to the health facility.
A medic at the facility told West Media that all the victims had been attended to and were out of danger.
“We have managed to control the situation for those who were brought in critical condition have responded well and they are now out of danger. We have put them on fragile drip and 5 percent dextrose,” explained the medic.
Kanyanya has cautioned area residents against eating meat from animal carcasses or any uninspected meat in order to avoid such tragedies in future.