President William Ruto has presided over the swearing in ceremony of 20 High Court Judges at State House in Nairobi on Wednesday 7th Dec, 2022.
The 20 judges were appointed by the President on Monday via a gazette notice after the Judicial Service Commission forwarded names to him for appointed.
The High Court Judges were recommended by the JSC via the President of the Supreme Court and Chairperson of the Judicial Service Commission Justice Martha Koome, the JSC considered; constitutional imperative of merit, gender, regional balance and affirmative action.
Those who have taken oath of office include;
- Hon. Gichohi Patricia Njeri
- Ms. Mongare Josephine Wayua
- Ms. Nyaundi Patricia Mande SC
- Hon. Kavedza Diana Rachel
- Ms. Chirchir Sophie Chebet
- Prof. (Dr.) Sifuna Nixon Wanyama, PhD
- Ms. Shariff Mwanaisha Saida
- Hon. Nyaga Heston Mbogo
- Mr. Mulwa Peter Mutua
- Hon. Nthiga Lawrence Mugambi
- Mr. Mutai Gregory
- Mr. Wananda John Robert
- Mr. Mohochi Samwel
- Mr.Olel Francis Ochieng
- Dr. Githiru Freda Mugambi
- Mr. Magare Dennis Kizito
- Hon. Macharia Florence Wangari
- Hon. Odera Teresa Achieng
- Mr. Visram Allem Alnashir
- Mr. Chigiti John Mugwimi
This is the second swearing in ceremony of Judges President Ruto has presided over since he took oath of office.
A day after he was sworn in, Ruto presided over the swearing in of the 6 Court of Appeal Judges who their names were rejected by his predecessor Uhuru Kenyatta.