A family spends night in cold after their house burnt down in Mautuma

0
31
Remains of the burnt items inside the house
Remains of the burnt items inside the house

A family in Monde village, Mautuma location in Lugari Sub County has been forced to spend the night in the cold after its house was destroyed by fire suspected to have resulted from an electric fault.

According to Margaret Matsia who is a church leader, she locked her house and left for a church meeting before she received information of the house being on fire hours later.

She said when she rushed back she found her main house engulfed in fire with neighbors who had managed to break the door to gain access into the house salvaging a few items.

They only managed to save 10% of the property with the rest being reduced into ashes including a motorbike,” said Mrs. Matsia, adding that efforts to put off the fire were futile as it spread very fast.

She said no one was in the compound when the fire broke out with preliminary investigations hinting it might have been resulted from an electrical fault.

Nobody was injured in the incident.