A cloud of sorrow enveloped Milembe village in Mautuma location Lugari sub county after a decomposed body of a 25-year-old man was discovered in his house with serious burn injuries.
Confirming the incident, Mbagara sub location assistant chief Joseline Juma said the body of Nickson Barasa who lives alone was discovered after pupils of Mahiga primary school who were heading back to school after lunch passed near the house and smelled an odorous smell.
She said one of the pupils went to inform his mother who reached the scene and confirmed the smell was emanating from the house before she informed family members and the local administration.
She said the village elder from the neighbouring Vilongo village Mr. Joseph Bushuru went to the scene where with the help of the locals managed to break the door which had been locked from inside before they found the body with serious burn injuries all over the face lying in one of the corners in the sitting room.
When they looked in his bedroom they discovered that everything was reduced into ashes apart from his steel bed.
It is suspected that the deceased who is a smoker and a drunkard might have returned while so drunk and lit a cigarette and either threw the match stick or the cigarette filter carelessly causing the fire that burnt him him before he suffocated and died as he struggled to reach for the door.
The body was later removed by police officers from Turbo and taken to Chebaiywa mortuary as investigations into the incident was launched.