Four months old baby burned to death in Webuye

0
680
baby burned
Photo curtsy

A four months old baby was on Saturday evening burned to death in their house in Soko Mjinga area in Webuye town.

Janet Nafula an eye witness said that the fire was caused by a kerosene lamp that had fallen down from the table.

It is said that a mentally handicapped child who had been left with the baby took the lamp and put it on the seat where it was sleeping before it caught fire on the cushion. The elder child had left the lamp on the table and gone outside to remove clothes on the line before the lamp fall down.

baby burned
Photo curtsy

“I was coming from the shops to buy some items when I had the children scream and rushed to find the whole house on fire,” she said.

The mother of the children was not at home during the incident.

Efforts to put the fire out or save the baby were fruitless as the neighbors and friends tried to contain the fire but it was too late.

The fire burned everything with the baby in the house and nothing was salvaged.

Following the incident residents have urged parents not to leave there children unattended too especially during evening times

The body of the child was taken  to Webuye County hospital morgue by Webuye police officers.