The Judicial Service Commission has nominated Justice William Ouko to the position of Supreme Court Judge and submitted his name to his Excellency President Uhuru Kenyatta for appointment.
Justice Ouko will replace Justice Jackton Ojwang who retired in February 2020.
Prof. Olive Mugenda, vice chair JSC said the recruitment exercise was open and transparent.
Justice Ouko was born in 1961 in Siaya County.
He obtained a Bachelor of Law degree from the University of Nairobi in 1986, a post-graduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law in 1987 and was admitted to the roll of advocates the same year.
In 2016, he graduated with a Master’s degree of Arts in Criminology and Criminal Justice from Egerton University.
Ouko has 33 years working experience in legal profession having served in the following capacities;
- President of the Court of Appeal, 2018 to date
- Appointed as Judge of the Court of Appeal in 2012
3 Appointed as Judge of the High Court in 2004
- Registrar, High Court Kenya 2002-2004
- Chief Court Administrator 1997-2002
- Deputy Registrar, Senior Deputy and Principal Deputy Registrar 1990-1997
- District Magistrate 11 1987-1989
- Advocate at Mbogholi Msagha and Company Advocates 1987