Property worth thousands of shillings destroyed by fire in Lugari

0
101
Remains of the burnt property
Remains of the burnt property

Property worth thousands of shillings was destroyed after a fire believed to have been resulted from an electric fault razed down a house in Umoja village, Lugari location in Lugari Sub County.

According to Mr. Gabriel Anjili and his wife Beatrice Anjili the fire broke out at around 8:30pm in their son’s house just a few minutes after he had left the house to take supper in the main house.

“I had just called my son to take supper when  the fire broke out in his house,” said the mother, adding that  when she went to call him she found him asleep and he could have been injured or killed by the fire had it broke out when he was still inside.

Remains of the burnt property
Remains of the burnt property

The father said it took them about an hour to contain the fire and nothing was salvaged from the house with his son who is a student at Lumama primary school losing everything in the incident.

“He has lost all his books, uniform, and other property, ” said Mr. Anjili.

Mr. Anjili said the incident comes barely two weeks after his elder brother was electrocuted while pruning a tree in Lugari forest.